YETI 35 Review
Every outdoor adventure requires the right equipment. Otherwise, you expose yourself to a wide range of unnecessary risks and inconveniences that are better off avoided. An indispensable unit during an overlanding trip is a high-quality, sturdy cooler. And the YETI Tundra 35 Cooler definitely fits the description. Keep on reading our YETI 35 Review if you want to find out if this unit is the right one for you or not.
Key Features Of The YETI Tundra 35 Cooler
To start with, the YETI Tundra is a portable cooler that can easily accommodate approximately 20 cans, as well as a great amount of food.
Its construction is meant to resist pressure (so you can sit and stand on it no problem) while maintaining your food and drinks fresh and cool.
In reference to its construction, it is made of roto-molded polyethylene – which is the same material used for manufacturing whitewater kayaks.
This way, you can rest assured that the cooler is as durable as it can get.
On a different note, the walls feature PermaFrost insulation. This ensures that the temperature inside the cooler is maintained, regardless of the weather outside.
As a matter of fact, YETI coolers are specially created to resist unbelievably low temperatures, while being compatible with dry ice.
In comparison with standard ice, the cooling power of dry ice is much higher, which is why the latter is often preferred.
- Durable construction
- Resistant to outdoor elements and bears
- Robust build with rotomolding technology
- It maintains your food cool for a long time
Detailed Review Of The YETI Tundra 35 Qt
Outdoor adventures call for sturdy, bear-resistant equipment – which is why this cooler is a top choice for many overlanding enthusiasts.
In fact, the Inter-agency Grizzly Bear Committee certified this unit as being a top bear-resistant food container.
Nevertheless, for the best results, it should be used in combination with a padlock on the front corners.
Bear in mind, though, that these needs to be purchased separately.
Smart Design of the YETI 35
Another key characteristic of this cooler is its smart design. That is to say, carrying it shouldn’t be too difficult, in spite of its sturdy, durable design.
This is thanks to the handy grips, made of marine-grade nylon rope.
At the same time, you have the option of using the integrated recessed handles if you’re carrying the cooler by yourself.
As we’ve mentioned beforehand, this cooler is really insulated, as you would expect of a unit made for overlanding.
Hence, when you shut it down, it actually seals completely. The gasket deters the air from moving back and forth.
Meanwhile, the rubber T-latches are just as sturdy, ensuring that the lid is always sealed tightly.
Concurrently, the hinge features a rustproof aluminum rod, so that the body and lid are secured accordingly.
Useful Extras of the YETI 35
Moving on, it’s also worth noting that this cooler has a nice assembly of extras. You also get a dry food rack. This will prevent your sandwiches from getting soggy, due to the ice.
Additionally, the cooler has non-marking rubber feet, which are located at its bottom, to keep it in place, in the case in which the surface is a tad slippery.
What Previous Buyers Say About the YETI 35
Customer reviews are, without a doubt, worth noting whenever you want to make an important purchase.
In this case, former customers gave this cooler a high rating, mentioning its heavy-duty construction and the fact that there are numerous accessories available.
They also outlined that it is the perfect size for an overlanding trip. Also, some customers indicated that the dry ice lasts for days.
If you want to invest in a top-quality cooler that will pass the test of time, then the YETI Tundra 35 Cooler is worthy of your attention.
It is a portable, high-quality cooler that has a durable construction and smart design, and it will last you for years to come.
- The YETI Tundra 35 is portable enough for one person to haul while still having an impressive carrying capacity of up to 20 cans with a recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio
- Will keep your ice... well ice thanks to up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design is certified Bear-Resistant
- The Rotomolded Construction makes the Tundra armored to the core and virtually indestructible so wherever you decide to take it, this portable cooler's sturdy construction will stand up to the rigors of the journey
- All Tundra coolers feature T-Rex Lid Latches constructed of heavy-duty rubber and made with patented technology so you'll never see another busted latch
- The Tundra 35 dimensions are 21 in long x 16 in wide x 15 ½ in high with an empty weight of 17 lbs NOTE: All Tundra models come standard with one dry goods basket.