Best Tire Pressure Gauge
A good tire pressure gauge is a necessary but often overlooked piece of equipment for your car. Maintaining appropriate tire pressure levels is crucial for having a smooth ride and making sure your tires last as long as possible. So if you want to keep your tires in good working condition, you need a quality tire pressure gauge (maybe the best tire pressure gauge?) that will accurately and reliably read pressure levels.
Having a quality tire pressure gauge lets you maintain manufacturer-specified PSI levels and change your tire pressure for varying road conditions.
Of course, how do you know which tire pressure gauge is the best? There are an awful lot of options out there so making a choice can be tough.
- Mechanic Recommended - performance tested, certified accurate, & calibrated to ANSI B40.1 International Accuracy Standards (±2-3% full scale), ensuring precise tire pressure readings without relying on batteries
- Built to last - feels solid in the hand & engineered with rugged, heavy duty brass components shielded by our durable shock-resistant rubberized gear-style protective guard; features a thick 2.25" brass stem making checking tire pressure easier than ever
- Robust engineering - fully equipped with a built-in air bleeder valve to quickly reduce pressure in overinflated tires, and the handy 360-degree swivel chuck allows for easy access to the tire valve from any angle
- Larger, 2" glow dial features easy-to-read 0-60 PSI scale that glows in the dark, with 1 PSI resolution increments, providing super accurate readings that lock-in place until the pressure reset button on the neck is pushed to reset to 0 PSI
- FREE 100% Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee by JACO Superior Products (for any reason) when you order yours today, so click "Add to Cart" with confidence to enjoy longer-lasting tires, improved gas mileage, and a smoother car driving experience
To that end, we have gone through and selected 10 of best tire pressure gauges.
These gauges have been ranked and reviewed based on PSI range, readability, reliability, and more, to give you all the info you need to make the right choice.
With that in mind, let’s get to it!
Best Tire Pressure Gauges
JACO Elite Tire Pressure Gauge
Craftsman Programmable Digital Tire Gauge
Longacre 50417 Tire Pressure Gauge
TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge
Etekcity Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
AstroAI Digital Tire Inflator
Rhino USA Heavy Duty Tire Pressure Gauge
AstroAI Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
ARB ARB505 E-Z Deflator
Best Tire Pressure Gauges - Reviews
1. Review of JACO Elite Tire Pressure Gauge
First up is the JACO Elite tire pressure gauge. The first thing to notice is how heavy duty this thing is.
It is made from a rugged shock-resistant rubber covering and solid brass stem so no worries about dropping or steeping on it.
The 2” face glows in the dark and reads up to 60 PSI in single PSI increments. Best of all, the analog/mechanical design does not require any batteries to operate and is accurate and reliable.
The JACO comes with a built-in air-bleeder valve that reduces pressure in over-inflated tires.
As an extra bonus, it comes with a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked.
- Robust analog design is tough and reliable
- Glow in the dark dial
- 100% lifetime warranty
- Dial only comes in 1 PSI increments, not as precise as some digital gauges
2. Review of Craftsman Programmable Digital Tire Gauge
The Craftsman is a smart, simple, and reliable tire pressure gauge that has a handful of extra features.
First and foremost, it is programmable, meaning you can set it to specifically register a target tire pressure.
Just overfill the tire a bit, insert the gauge, and the air-bleed slowly lowers PSI until it hits the sweet spot. The digital display is large, has a LED backlight for nighttime use, and clearly displays PSI info and the tire you are measuring.
The only real downside is the batteries. The 2 batteries are included with the purchase but are not made to be replaceable.
While you can replace the batteries, you run the risk of messing up other internal components if you do not know what you are doing.
Either way, the batteries are slated for at least 2 years of use so you should be able to get enough work out of it.
- Digital display is clear and relevant
- Programmable air-bleed for specific PSI levels
- Digital sensor makes 0.1 PSI measurement increments
- Batteries are not supposed to be changed
- Some user report dead batteries out of the box
3. Review of Longacre 50417 Tire Pressure Gauge
Let’s start with the obvious: the flexible stethoscope design makes for easy reading in tight spaces.
While it may have a simple design, the Longacre is extremely accurate and well-built; it gets the job done and keeps coming back for more.
The analog tire gauge face glows in the dark for easy reading and a bleed/release valve lets you drop the pressure to specific levels.
One potential drawback is that you have to hold the fitting valve on to get a proper reading, you can't just insert and leave it or else the seal won’t close. A minor frustration on an otherwise solid tire gauge.
- Flexible stem makes it easier to take readings in tight spaces
- Reliable, accurate, and tough
- Great customer service from the manufacturer
- Pretty basic, lacks extra features
- Ball-chuck valve has to be held on to get a reading
4. Review of TireTek Premium Tire Pressure Gauge
Mechanical/analog tire pressure gauges tend to be more robust and tougher than digital ones because they have less moving parts.
The TireTek premium tire pressure gauge is a testament to this toughness. The solid steel and brass construction is super durable and can handle being run over by a car.
The stem rotates 360 degrees so it's easy to check pressure from every direction.
The 5mm stem gets a good seal with no leakage and has a button for air release so you can precision inflate your tires.
The bare-bones nature and lack of extra functions may be a downside to some though. For others who want a reliable no-frill analog tire pressure, the TireTrek is a good choice.
- Super durable and quality materials
- 360-degree swivel stem makes it easy to attach
- 45-degree angled dial is easy to read when taking measurements
- Release valve button can get stuck
5. Review of Etekcity Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
A bit unconventional of a design, the Etekcity is a sophisticated piece of equipment that has a lot of features while still being super affordable.
The first thing to note is that this gauge can make pressure measurement in 4 different units, PSI, bar, kpa, and kg/cm^3, each channel offering 0.1 unit increments of measurement.
The long candle lighter-design has a 360-degree pivot design, making it easy to attach and read while taking measurements
The dual-head design lets you push or pull to attach the valve and the nozzle has an LED attachment for use in the dark.
It also features an auto shutoff function after 30 seconds of inactivity to save battery power. While useful, this feature can be somewhat annoying if you need to take repeated measurements.
- 4 units of measurement
- Dual head makes it easy to attach
- 2-year free warranty
- Battery life not terrific
- Accuracy has a tendency to decrease over time
6. Review of Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
Unlike many other gauges that measure a minimum of 1-0.1 psi increments, the Accutire can register 0.05 increment pressure changes from a scale of 5-150 psi.
It’s small and light so it can easily fit in your glove compartment while on the go.
The seal is good and does not let air out when you attach it to the tire, but it does not have an air release function that lets you slowly lower the pressure into recommended levels.
The LED is screen is a bit smaller than other digital gauges and might be somewhat hard to read, though.
- Precise 0.05 psi increment measurements
- Accurate within ∓0.02 psi
- Compact, easy to hold, and portable
- Small LED display
- May have some problems making readings in the cold (<25 degrees F)
7. Review of AstroAI Digital Tire Inflator
Made out of heavy duty steel, brass, and rubber, the Astro AI Tire Inflator is a smart and tough tire pressure gauge.
The device contains a chuck, gauge, hose, bleed valve, and an inflation gun, all in one piece of equipment.
The inflation gun means you can add air to the tire without removing the gauge; no more annoying air loss when you remove a gauge to fill the tire.
Even with the extra features, it’s simple enough to operate with one hand.
The digital LED display is bright and easily readable, but the auto shutoff function turns it off every 20 seconds which can be annoying if you are making repeated measurements.
Some user report that the attachment piece can crack if screwed on too hard as well.
- 4 different measurement units
- Built-in tire inflator
- All features can be used one-handed
- Great customer service
- Valve can crack if tightened too hard
- Cannot fill and take measurements at the same time
8. Review of Rhino USA Heavy Duty Tire Pressure Gauge
Created by a father-son owned business, the Rhino is a tough tire pressure gauge meant for any kind of vehicle; car, RV, motorcycle, you name it.
The construction is very robust, made from heavy duty brass and rubber that can take a beating. The 2” glow-in-the-dark dial is easy to read and ranges from 0-75 psi in 1 psi increments.
The Rhino is relatively lacking on extra features but it does contain an air release valve for controlled deflation.
The only real problem is that the rubber cable is somewhat short and inflexible.
- Heavy-duty and tough
- Glow-in-the-dark dial
- ANSI B40.1 certified for accuracy
- Heavy and bulky
- Rubber hose is somewhat stiff and inflexible
9. Review of AstroAI Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
Another from AstroAI, the 150 psi digital tire pressure gauge is sleek and functional.
The grip is molded to fit perfectly into the hand and the simple one-button design makes taking measurements easy; just press the button and wait for a reading to register.
4 different units of measurement and 0.5 psi increments make it accurate and precise.
Best of all, it is super affordable.
The tire pressure gauge is slated to work with cars, trucks, RVs, and motorcycles but with one important caveat: it is not compatible with Presta stems which are commonly found in road-style bikes.
- Small, comfy to grip, and easy to use
- Lighted nozzle and LED display are good for working in dim spaces
- Very affordable
- Battery life not fantastic
- Loses accuracy over time
10. Review of ARB ARB505 E-Z Deflator
The last item in our list is the ARB505 E-Z Deflator, a dual-use pressure gauge/deflator. The solid brass design is very resistant to corrosion and changes in temperature so it stays accurate.
The ARB really shines in its deflating capacities.
Deflating your tires is necessary for some kinds of soft terrain (ex. sand) and the ARB can deflate 4 35” tires from 35 to 12 psi in 6 minutes.
The gauge is accurate enough, but the dial only displays 1 psi increments. There is also a second slightly more expensive model that has both bar and psi readings on the dial.
Both models come with a canvas carrying case to protect it when not in use.
- Works great as a deflator
- All-brass designs is resistant to corrosion and changes in temperature
- Comes with a neat carrying case
- Quality control seems to be hit or miss
- Only 1 psi increments
Buyers' Guide to Find the Best Tire Pressure Gague
Benefits Of Proper Tire Inflation
Many drivers know that they need to keep their tires properly inflated, but they may not know why it is beneficial to do so.
Proper tire inflation and maintenance serves many purposes, from saving money by raising the gas mileage to ultimately making your tires and wheel last longer.
Increase fuel mileage
First off, underinflated tires can make your car less fuel efficient. When your tires have a PSI lower than the manufacturer recommended level, they get squished and lie flatter on the ground.
Because they lie flatter, it takes more energy input from your engine to get them to start and keep them rolling, which translates into more fuel spent.
According to fueleconomy.org, keeping your tires properly inflated can increase mileage by about 3.3% while mileage decreases by about 0.4% for every one PSI drop below the recommended value.
Longer lasting tires
Maintaining proper tire pressure also keeps your tires in better condition longer. Under-inflated tires make more surface contact with the road and take more energy to properly turn.
Both of these factors increase the total amount of friction the tire experiences, which causes it to degrade faster over time, particularly on the inner side of the treads.
Additionally, when your tires are underinflated, the wheels and the axles of your car compensate by taking on more stress.
The extra stress on the frame can severely damage your wheels, wheel studs, axels and undercarriage.
Properly inflated tires, on the other hand, make less surface contact with the road and require less energy input to turn so they last longer.
Inflated tires distribute weight and wear more evenly while also taking extra stress of the frame of your car.
Poorly inflated tires are also more susceptible to failure at high speeds because they do not handle changes in pressure from the wheel turning as well.
Under-inflated tires also require more time to stop and are more prone to skid and hydroplane on wet surfaces.
Properly inflated tires maintain traction better and are more resilient to bumps and curves.
The JACO is a sold analog pressure gauge that is reasonably priced, easy to use, reliable, and accurate.
The Accutire is one of the more precise digital tire pressure gauges out there and is extremely accurate; great for when you need to make precise changes tire pressure based on driving conditions.
- Heavy duty construction and rugged design for long lasting use
- Angled head and rubber coated handle for easy gripping
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display
- Equipped with an automatic shut off to prevent deflation
- Accurate to within 0.05 PSI, reading air pressure from 5-150 PSI in 0.5 pound increments
Both gauges are extremely easy to operate and great for portable use.
Overall though, the correct answer will depend on your needs.
Having a quality tire pressure gauge contributes to longer tire life and safer driving, so don’t wait!
Every minute without properly inflated tires is more money and mechanical stress on your car.
Let us know what do you think in the comments below!